Collabspot allows you to archive the emails you receive straight from Gmail to Salesforce.
We archive two types of emails: incoming (received) and outgoing (sent) emails.
In this section we will learn how to archive incoming emails.
How to Archive Incoming Emails
There are two ways to archive Incoming Emails:
1. Quick save to Salesforce
Automatically archives to the contact, lead, and account related to the email address listed on the From, To, CC, and BCC fields.
- The emails will be archived to the related contact/lead/account. This is linked to the email addresses listed on the To, From, CC, and BCC fields.
- The email will be archived to an account that is linked to the Contact, if it exists.
- The contact/lead/account must exist in Salesforce.
- A confirmation message will appear once the email was saved to Salesforce.
- Emails will be saved as Tasks (Salesforce)
2. Save to Salesforce
Allows you to customize where the emails can be archived. ( Account, Contact, Opportunities, Cases, etc.)
- A contact/lead/account that is linked to the email addresses on the email must exist in Salesforce.
- The email will be saved as a Task (Salesforce settings)
- A task will be created for each selection made on the Save to Salesforce option.